Thursday, January 31, 2013

Dig, Dogs, Dig: A Construction Tail

Those of you who have known me for a long time, know it's been my dream to write and illustrate my own children's books. Some of you even had to read very early drafts of books about a child loosing an eye, or a wheeled duck trying to find his way home. Well, you're not off the hook yet, those are still in development...

But for now, I'm very excited to announce my soon to be released, first children's book, Dig, Dogs, Dig: A Construction Tail. The book will be in stores and available on-line to ship as of April 30, 2013.

Top-dog Duke leads a busy work crew to a new construction site. All sorts of dogs have plenty to do before the day is out. These clever dogs will dig, haul, push, plow, and even bring in a crane to build a new park. But what happens when they find something unexpected buried deep in the ground?

The story brings a new perspective to the construction "tail" with this hilarious crew of colorful dogs. Bright, detailed illustrations beg to be looked at again and again, with readers discovering something new each time.

The book is currently accepting pre-orders on AmazonBarnes & Noble and most major on-line book sellers. It's been a long process and I can't wait for April 30th. It's the first book in a series of three scheduled to be released over the next year from HarperCollins.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. dog bed

    ReplyDelete