Friday, February 15, 2013

Banjos and Dogs just go together.



Go. Dog. Go! by P.D. Eastman is one of my favorite children's books of all time. And it's no surprise that it was one of my inspirations for writing and illustrating Dig, Dogs, Dig. My favorite scene in the book is the one where three dogs are on the boat at night. Two of them are playing checkers and the third is playing the banjo. I love the banjo, and to the exasperation of my family and neighbors I play it as often as possible. In Dig, dogs, Dig there's a banjo playing dog. I won't tell you where he is in the story, so you'll have to look for him. But he's also in the next two books coming out later this year: Build, Dogs, Build and Work, Dogs, Work.

And if you needed any further proof, Charles Shultz agrees with me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment